‘An exemplar of education at its very best. Focused on the whole person and inspiring young women to take on and overcome the challenges of the future’ Rt. Hon. David Blunkett MP
We at Limpsfield Grange believe that “together we make a difference.”
We work together to ensure that all students develop their resilience, communication, knowledge, independence, self-esteem, confidence and self-awareness so they can be fully active members of society.
We are ambitious for all of our students, and we work with them to help them succeed.
Limpsfield Grange School exists to support girls aged 11 -16 with a wide and diverse range of needs.
Our students have:
Speech language and communication difficulties
We also offer places to girls who due to their physical or emotional vulnerabilities would not have the resilience to succeed in a mainstream setting.
We are a residential school where day places are available.
- a personalised approach based on individual needs and preferences
- a full and rich curriculum accredited through GCSEs and Entry Level Certificates
- an emphasis on independence skills and developing real world knowledge
- a 24 hour curriculum focused on meeting the statemented needs of the student
- an ethos of mutual respect, support and understanding
- an engaging, supportive and friendly school where everyone is valued
- an environment where we celebrate diversity and difference
We are committed to:
- empowering our learners to understand their needs; identify when they need support and ask for it.
- implementing good practice that promotes and sustains the wellbeing of young people.
- delivering a consistent approach that enables all students to learn and make progress.
- creating opportunities for interaction, social inclusion, independence, and self-reflection.
- training and supporting staff, parents, carers and stakeholders so we can best meet the needs of our young people.
- communicating clearly and regularly with our community.
- providing a physical environment that is responsive to the sensory needs of our young people.
- working with other professionals to meet the needs of learners and their families.
- promoting opportunities for all.
- celebrating difference.
‘The exceptional academic and personal opportunities offered ensure that this school makes an enormous difference to the learning of all groups of students. All students, including those with additional special needs, make rapid and sustained progress, achieving outstandingly well from their individual starting points.’ Ofsted, December 2013
“The only girls’ school in the country that fulfils my daughter’s needs.”
For more information please click here
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.